Our primary purpose is to help in creating an enabling professional environment for accurate perception, goodwill and understanding of necessary and effective performance of Public Relations practice in Africa. As an association of professionals, we firmly believe in the promotion of African Unity even as we strive for the growth of our noble profession on the African continent and also the global frontier
- To be the clearing house for public relations information in Africa
- To set standards of public relations practice through its code of ethics.
- To foster the establishment of national and sub-regional public relations associations so that the profession can flourish in the continent.
- To promote African Unity and Co-operation especially as consultant body to the African Union and its various agencies.
- To publish bulletins and journals on public relations in Africa
- To affiliate with all other similar international professional bodies. These aims and objectives are complemented by the Codes of Professional conduct approved by its Council.
APRA Value Charter
As an association of professionals, we firmly believe in the promotion of African Unity even as we strive for the growth of our noble profession on the African continent and also the global frontier.
We consciously and conscientiously support the exchange and freedom of information at all levels in Africa as an indisputable prerequisite for the growth of democracy and predominance of the rule of law.
With faith we shall continually fight for a corruption – free Africa, promoting high moral standards and producing the right kind of leadership.
Seeking enterprise driven and socially responsible investment in Africa, we shall establish strategic global partnerships that will yield returns to enhance the economic and social well being of the continent.