Call For Papers
THEME: ‘Re-PResenting Africa’
In preparation for our coming conference, the theme and sub-themes for APRA Botswana 2018 have been developed, to enable participants to choose areas in which they may wish to make in-depth presentations. The theme is: “Re-PResenting Africa”
Our focus will be on ‘changing the narrative’ through compelling story telling and content generation, re-examining ethics within the PR profession in an era of Fake News, Alternative Facts, Increasing regulation and a heightened focus on corporate governance.
The subjects listed below cover diverse areas in which our members regularly engage in during the discharge of their professional responsibilities. This list is not exhaustive, and other suggestions, within context of the theme and sub themes are welcome.
The Business of Persuasion
Ethics in the Public Relations Profession
The Power of Visual Communication
The Role of Emotional Intelligence & Artificial Intelligence in Effective Story Telling
Corporate Governance and its effect on Public Relations
PR needs PR
Trends in Public Relations
Research as a tool for Effective Story Telling
Destination Branding & the use of Story Telling
- Crossing the Line in PR. When, Where and How?
- In-House vs Out-House Practice: Finding Synergy
- Case studies of application, involvement or deployment of Public Relations strategies to address socio-economic development issues in Africa.
- The influence of new media and technology on the practice of Public Relations on the continent.
We invite members to choose topics suited to their areas of specialization, as well as to nominate speakers for the above sub-themes based on the stated guidelines below.
- Potential speakers are expected to submit an abstract of 250 words or less not later than Monday, January 15, 2018.
- Abstracts will be assessed after the closing date and notifications will be sent to selected speakers on Monday, February 5, 2018.
- Actual presentations should be submitted within six weeks of notification i.e. Monday, March 12, 2018.
- The paper/presentation must clearly reflect the issues, challenges, PR techniques or trends engaged and results achieved. The use of videos, sound bites and infographics is encouraged to aid learning.
- All presentations must be in PowerPoint for maximum audience participation and engagement.
- Presenters have the option of submitting paper versions to be included in a post-conference publication for which due credit will be given.
- All submissions are to be accompanied by a brief profile of the presenter.
- All submissions should be made to email@example.com
Robyn de Villiers
Dr. Wole Adamolekun
Phone no: +234 8052192455 – Debo, +234 8171350933 – Taiwo